Moises Meraz-Espinoza was arrested for the murder of his mother after he told police he killed her and then led them to her remains in a freezer.
A California teen confessed to killing his mother, cutting up her body and putting the remains in a freezer, authorities said on Sunday.
A dismembered body was found in the 19-year-old’s home, but the identity of the body has not yet been confirmed, authorities said.
Meraz-Espinoza is being held without bail and was booked on suspicion of murder, police said.
“I knew either he was gonna harm himself or someone but… not her,” a family member said, according to CNN.
The woman did not want to show her face or share her name, but said she got a call from her cousin Meraz-Espinoza, who she claims admitted to her that he cut up his mother’s body with a saw.
“[He’s] very mentally unstable,” she said.
Source: NY Daily News
- MOISES MERAZ-ESPINOSA: Maywood Man Charged in Mother’s Killing. Cut up her body and stuffed her in the family freezer. (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- L.A. area man charged with killing, dismembering mother (reuters.com)
- Man Admits to Cutting Up Mom, Storing Body Parts (foxnews.com)
- Man allegedly cuts up mom, stuffs her in freezer (msnbc.msn.com)
- ‘Troubled’ son murders his mother, chops her up and puts her in the freezer (dailymail.co.uk)