Over the last three years “fresh”, “edgy”, “creative” and “talent” are only some of the words that has been used to describe the talents that Magnum Kings & have unearthed to of DancehallJamaica. In its fourth season, the show branded as the number one Dancehall Show, will once again bring fresh faces and acts to Jamaica by giving creative and edgy Fashion Designers, along with new models, the chance to showcase their stuff.
As part of a Fashion Segment to begin at the first Live, March 19, Magnum Kings & Queens of Dancehall is asking interested models and Fashion Designers who want to snatch this opportunity to turn up at the Knutsford Court Hotel, this Sunday, March 6, 2011.
The Magnum Kings & Queens of Dancehall team is interested in Male and Female models that are between the age of 18 to 30 with heights of 5′ 4″ and up for ladies and the gents at 5′ 8″ and over.
Both males and female are asked to show up at the Executive Boardroom, Knutsford Court Hotel at 16 Chelsea Avenue between 11AM and 2PM for a Model Casting. Ladies are asked to arm themselves with a two-piece bathing suit and heels, while the men are asked to bring swim trunks and a jacket.
The successful models will be featured in the Fashion Segment of the 2011 Season of Magnum Kings & Queens of Dancehall.
If you however fall in the category of creative and edgy fashion designer, no need to fear Magnum Kings & Queens of Dancehall still wants you! All we ask you to do is turn up the Knutsford Court Hotel, this Sunday, March 6, 2011 between 2 pm and 3pm. Outfitted of course with your “look book”, photographs or samples of your designs for review.
It’s that simple!
Don’t forget that Magnum Kings & Queens of Dancehall is sponsored by Magnum Tonic Wine, Digicel, The STAR and TVJ the official television station that will also be streaming LIVE Shows at www.televisonjamaica.com
- Number One Dancehall Show Launches 4th Season (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- #JamaicanBlogger >>>Fashion Designers and Models NEEDED for Dancehall Show (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- Dancehall Now featuring Charly Black – PODCAST Now Available (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Dancehall artiste is NY’s first murder victim of 2011 (repeatingislands.com)
- Colleen Meheen added a discussion (fashionindustrynetwork.com)
This should have been posted yesterday, but I delayed it because I wanted to know what my Twitter followers were thinking and tweeted it. As expected I got some good conversation just by asking the above question. Majority of the persons opined that they would take super-intelligence over super-beauty, as a matter of fact only one person choose the latter.
I just had a conversation with a friend about this said topic and the question to me was, ‘people still ask those questions’?
I’m afraid they do.
For me it doesn’t takes any amount of brain work to say I’ll take super intelligence over being super beautiful. My answer is grounded in several reasons, chiefly by the adage, “a brain is a terrible thing to waste.” Additionally, beauty fades and as we were taught at school the education we gain through being intelligent “will never decay”. With intelligence you can be concur, do and be whatever you want. Fourthly, I believe brain trumps beauty. I’m drawn to intelligence/brains, I find it sexy. Its like those with intelligence just pulls you in, which is the total opposite of the airheads and often times boring folks considered “beautiful”.
Come to think of it what can you do if you’re extremely beautiful/good looking? Perhaps, sit and look good? Or file my nails and do all sort of beauty treatments?
BONUS -If Could Have Both
Is this where reasoning is test, like in a Maths exam? On a serious not, the bonus part of the challenge makes the question much more interesting to look at.
A blend of both isn’t bad, in fact, that’s what I truly want because beauty without substance personify a lack of true beauty in my eyes. While on the other hand intelligence without a bit of beauty often gets ignored for something superficial, like some beauty competition. A clear example of this, I honestly believe, is seen in the plethora of beauty pageants being developed here in Jamaica for every and any possible thing. From my own experience the problem of being just intelligent could easily become a prison for one.
But if its a compulsory thing and we have to choose one and then the other as part of my daily life. I believe I would have to be super intelligent during the day and transform to be super beautiful in the night, where I’ll be the socialite of the town.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.
- #JamaicanBlogger ::”Super Intelligence or Extremely Good Looking – Arguing My Choice, Agree? (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- Super intelligence or great looks: Why not both? (benjyandme.wordpress.com)
- 20110211-Daily Post (thebloggingpath.com)
- 12 Reasons Why Men Prefer Beauty Over Brains (socyberty.com)
- Super Intelligence (ramblingsofahaphazardmind.wordpress.com)
Have you ever stop to think what’s your favourite word or what is it that one word or couple words that you’re known for? Got you thinking, right? That’s exactly what WordPress Daily Challenge scored when the day’s was asked: “What is your favourite word? Why?”
Ask if that wasn’t enough another dimension was added to the challenge in that of ‘Bonuses’ asking: “What is your least favourite word? What word are you entirely neutral about? For all your word choices, is it how they sound, or what they mean that defines your opinion of them?”
I delay this post and I’m gonna back date it too, all because I wanted to be accurate of the word I was known to use a lot. I started asking some of my friends, the results were hilarious; no jokes. The responses I got me “OMGing”, “serious”, “oh no”, laughing and hand over mouth.
Before we get to my favourite words, let’s talk about my least favourite. Some of my friends, and perhaps you would agree with them, but its whatever for me. I’ve always dislike hearing the word “no”, frankly I’m not sure if its a dislike or the fact that it was inculcate in me by parents. I vividly remember one Christmas when the family, included a few Uncles, Aunt, and cousins, were over for dinner and I declared (that’s a strong word, so I hope you understand what I mean) that I wanted the leg of this huge Chicken that was raise and killed for the big day. My mother refuse to give me the leg and instead put some other part of the chicken in my plate while at the table. In protest I refused to eat and sat looking at everyone at the table. I was on a strike.
I still can hear the voice of my mother commanding me to eat and still recall how blank I looked at her, especially when she was attempting to raise her voice; I think I would have been 7 years old at the time. My father who had excused himself from the table returned at that moment and enquired what was the problem. I pleaded my case to my father: “Daddy, I wanted the big chicken leg and Mom don’t want to give me.” My Father then turn to my Mother and told her “give ma son what him want, him want the Chicken Leg give it to him.” Of course I smiled in victory, and like in a court of law that was to be the preceding for everything with either my mother or father. While I never got everything I asked for, once I really wanted it I would get it; and often times, once my father was there I would play him to get what I want. I say this to show why “no” is my least favourite word.
I can’t really thing of a neutral word for me, because its either yes or no. I really can’t deal with the chafes from riding the fence. In essence all my word choices all have to do with the meaning and/or opinion I attach to them.
With all that said let’s get into my top ten favourite words:
1. The word “Positive” was said to be a common choice for me, I’m always proclaiming to embrace the good and majority of the time being constructive and sure, rather than skeptical.
2. For some strange reason I love the word “Bitch”, but only restrict it to friends who know I don’t mean nothing offensive using it. I still can remember an embarrassing moment I had during Fashion Nights Out and Corve DaCosta laughed at me and I vowed to severely censor the use of this one, can’t say how successful I’ve been.
3. I love laughing, and general a happy lad. Whenever I’m being told a joke always give out “me love it, me love it”.
4. “Bed” I have a deep love for my bed, I speak about my bed like its my lover.
5. After ‘bed’ if you know me you know I’m going to “Sleep”, after all the older you get the less you sleep so I might as well take capitalise on it from now, right? I know you would agree.
6. “Damn”, I like to use it for straight face, sarcastic comments and a few other things.
7. “Fuck Off”, I’m hiding my face, I really don’t thing I use this word, do you? I think this is the choice words for me to tell you ‘don’t provoke ma peace’.
8. “Yiee”, according to Jhanell “when joke sweet you”.
9. “Fuck” I’m told I say this a lot, don’t really recall using the word much.
10. “Food” or “I’m hungry” is a popular word/phrase for me, yes Yanique Townsend despite the fact that at home and sometimes y’all have to cuss me saying “you need to eat Leethan.”
Something tells me that Corve, Alyssa, Jamila and Christine going to ask me while I never include “Carib“ or “I’m going to the Movies.😀
- #JamaicanBlogger :: My Top Ten Favourite Words to Use – What Are Yours? (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- My Top Ten Favourite Words to Use – What Are Yours? (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- My favourite word (doctorwhofan98.wordpress.com)
- Postaday: Serendipity-favourite words (wordangell.wordpress.com)
- A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Yoga Time (weddingbee.com)