The Birthday is fast approaching, even some of my friends wished me ‘Happy Birthday’ this morning.
I diverge. Last year I vowed I would never ever plan anything for birthday again, after my invited list shrunk to about 8 or 9 last year down from a sizeable figure. I was disappointed and spoke out of anger. It’s natural to feel that way when you expected certain individuals to turn up and they don’t. Jamila wouldn’t allow me to be upset and made me promise to do something for future birthdays; I fake agree, but here I am today talking about a pre-celebration at Usain Bolt Tracks & Records Behind the Screen Series with Etana and a lunch on the day.
I’m an appreciative guy, not picky, except where it concerns my food; which MUST be spicy (particularly anything curried); my fries (slightly overdone and salty); grape soda; carrot cake and DON’T BEG ME ANY OF MY CINNAMON STICKS. Despite all of this I’ve struggled to get half what’s on my wishlist and sometimes getting nothing (don’t y’all love me?). Here goes this year’s list:
1. Samsung Galaxy S3
This one can be ticked off since I won it via a competition from the Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management (ODPEM) as they promoted the 7th Annual Caribbean Conference on Comprehensive Disaster Management in Montego Bay, Jamaica recently.
2. A Motherboard for my Sony Laptop My baby I got last year for my birthday needs to find her way home to me before the holidays.
3. A Job – I think this speaks for itself.
4. Win the Super Lotto – which reminds I need to pencil that dream last night.
5. A week with Oprah.
6. A Tablet PC – iPad Mini, and the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity are good choices.
7. Ring the Birthday in with Friends Tuesday December 18th at Usain Bolt Tracks & Records Behind the Screen Series with Etana.
8. A Digital Camera
9. A Pet – PLEASE NO CATS!!
10. A Wallet – I REALLY could do with a new one.
Well see y’all later at Usain Bolt Tracks & Records for the Behind the Screen Series with Etana.